Monday, August 4, 2014

July Challenge Wrap Up/August Challenge

In July, I made it a challenge to clean for 15 min each day. This was actually kind of difficult to discipline myself. I am more of a 1 hour cleaner and take a few days off. Once I start a project, I like to see it get done.

Fortunately, this challenge came in quite handy because I had unexpected guests at the house this month. Relatives came to town and I gave up my room so they could be comfortable. Fortunately, the late notice was not met with a mad dash to clean because I had already cleaned up the vast majority of areas. So it was much more relaxing.

Reorganizing has helped me prepare for a possible move coming up. So I have been going through my belongings and weeding out the unwanted items. Moving is a good way to go through things and prioritize. There is always that moment in every move that you wonder why you decided to keep something. After lifting all of the boxes and rearranging items, the poundage starts to wear on everyone. No matter how much it seems I get rid of in trash, donation, or selling, it seems my packing heart doesn't match up with my will to move one more box or my head trying to reorganize it in the new space.

August Challenge
August's challenge is to put it all together from the last 3 months. So I will not shop at the same place twice (and if I do, I won't get the same thing), I will use cash only (but I will allow the atm this time and the credit card for gas because it is on bonus rewards this month), and I will continue to organize and clean for an average of 15 min per day (being that I am taking a vacation this weekend, everyday is not going to happen). So there you have it. This challenge started Aug 3. 

No comments:

Post a Comment